|Star rating:||( 8 votes)|
|Address:||Konyaalti Caddesi No 88 07050 Antalya|
Antalya Museum (Tel. No. 0242 238 5688/89) was first established in 1922 by Suleyman Fikri Erten and was housed inside the Alaadin Mosque in the old city, then moved to the Yivli Minaret and finally to its current site 2km further east.
There are 12 exhibition rooms, gardens and open galleries displaying the history of in a chronological order which begins with fossils, Stone and Bronze Ages, classical and Hellenistic periods. There are mosaics, a Gallery of Gods, Phrygian ornaments, a room of Christian art which includes parts of the skull and jawbone of St. Nicholas (Santa Claus). In the ethnography section there is a collection of Iznik ceramics, household utensils and various weapons.