Ethnographical Museum Ankara
This museum opened on July 18, 1930 in the Namazgah area of Ankara on a hill with a Muslim graveyard. The courtyard here closed in November 1938 when it served as a temporary burial place for Ataturk and when his body was removed to Anitkabir it reopened, although the tomb has been preserved here as to respect the memory of Ataturk as he laid here for 15 years.There are 3 entrances into the building and it has 4 columns and an inner court lined with columns which is accessed by a domed hallway. In the open courtyard there is a central pool that is surrounded by several large and small rooms, and there is a two-storey administrative building next to the museum.
Architecture of the buildingThe building is rectangular has a single dome and stone walls covered with travertine, a marble pediment with ornate carvings, and a staircase with 28 steps leading to the main entrance.
Exhibits of Ethnographical MuseumInside are exhibits of Turkish art from the Seljuk period up to the present day and a library specialising in Anatolian ethnography, folklore and art history.
Opening Hours of Ethnographical MuseumThe museum closes on Mondays and opens from 08:30-12:30 & 13:30-17:30 - Tel. No. 0312 311 9556.
Cengel Han Rahmi Koc Museum
Ankara by night
50th Year or Camlik Park
Turkey Property For Sale
4 Bedroom Luxury Villa in
Exclusive Luxury 7 Bedroom 7
3 Bedroom Apartment in Armutalan
2 Bedroom Apartment in Icmeler