Haci Bayram Mosque Ankara
Hacı Bayram-ı Veli, whose real name was Numan-bin Koyunluca Ahmet, was the founder of the Bayrami sect, a sufi poet and composer of hymns who was born in the village of Solfasol in Ankara in 1352 (753H).
This mosque is located in Ulus and is next to the Augustus Temple . It was originally constructed in 1427 (831H) and has late 17th and 18th century features although the lengthwise rectangular plan and sections at the north and west were later additions. In the southeast is a two-galleried minaret with a square plan, stone base and brick body and the single interior space has a wooden ceiling with a large hexagonal rosette in the centre framed with six rows of flowered borders. A smaller version of this is in the annexed section west of the women’s section. Kutahya tiles have been used to top the windows and the mihrab is in the form of stalacti niched, with text taken from the Koran inscribed on the pediment. The painted engraved wood is the work of Nakkaş Mustafa and there are inscriptions informing that the mosque was restored in 1714 by Mehmet Baba who was a grandson of Hacı Bayram-ı Veli.
Turkey Property For Sale
Uzumlu semi detached villa
4 Bedroom Detached Villa With
Land for Sale in Sarigerme
3 Bedroom Seaview Bargain Apartment