Silivri Gate or Silivrikapi Istanbul
Silivri Gate ( Silivrikapi in Turkish ) is also known as the Gate of Selebria or the Mukaddes Kaynak Gate, named after the nearby sacred spring, and was later renamed after the Silivri road that passed through it. It was through this gate that a Byzantine army from Nicaea ( now Iznik ) marched to expel the Latin’s in 1261.
Bala Külliyesi Mosque Complex is just around the corner on Tekke Maslağı Sokak. The complex was originally built by Bala Süleyman Ağa who was the Topcubasi (Chief Cannon Master) and took part in the siege of Constantinople. Sazkar Kalfa had it completely rebuilt in 1863 as a Nakshibendi lodge and the last official Queen Mother; Piriüstü Valide Sultan added a school and fountain. After sustaining severe damage in an earthquake in 1894, Adile Sultan had the complex fully repaired.
Places to Visit Closeby
Hadim Ibrahim Pasa MosqueInside the walls at Silivri Road (Caddesi) stands the graceful Hadım (“the Eunuch”) Ibrahim Pasa Mosque designed by Mimar Sinan and dates back to 1551. Hadim is buried in the grounds.
Bala Kulliyesi Mosque Complex
LocationSilivri Gate is located in Yenikapi district of Fatih .
Akmerkez Shopping Center
Selimiye Mosque Istanbul
Istanbul Property For Sale
Studio Flat in Future Park
Off Plan 4 Bedroom Apartments
Off Plan Project in Bahcesehir
Apartment for sale in Beylikduzu