Do you know these about Pergamon Ancient City?
- Pergamon was the first city that used paper (made from leather called parchment).
- Pergamon was home to the first hospital in the world, called Asklepion.
- Pergamon had the first Asian library.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use the psychotherapy treatment.
- Pergamon was the first city that hosted a festival.
- Pergamon was home to one of the first seven Christian churches.
- The first theatre with a wooden stage was built in Pergamon.
- Pergamon had the first excavation museum.
- Pergamon was home to the first altar.
- Pergamon was the first city to use a proper education system, which categorised schools as elementary, secondary and high school.
- Residents of Pergamon (soldiers) were the first people to ever have a strike.
- Pergamon was the first city to have a market law.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use medicine with opium, pharmacology and medical pharmacy symbols.
Izmir Night Gallery
Historic Places in Izmir
Aerial Photos Of Izmir Turkey
Forum Bornova Shopping Centre Izmir
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
American Salad - Yogurt Mezes
Chickpeas with Minced Beef - Red Meat Courses
Pilaf with Almonds - Rice & Pasta Dishes
Pilaf with Chicken Liver - Rice & Pasta Dishes
Semolina Halva or Irmik Helvasi - Other Desserts
Tavuk Gogsu Puding with Kadayif - Dairy Desserts