Do you know these about Pergamon Ancient City?
- Pergamon was the first city that used paper (made from leather called parchment).
- Pergamon was home to the first hospital in the world, called Asklepion.
- Pergamon had the first Asian library.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use the psychotherapy treatment.
- Pergamon was the first city that hosted a festival.
- Pergamon was home to one of the first seven Christian churches.
- The first theatre with a wooden stage was built in Pergamon.
- Pergamon had the first excavation museum.
- Pergamon was home to the first altar.
- Pergamon was the first city to use a proper education system, which categorised schools as elementary, secondary and high school.
- Residents of Pergamon (soldiers) were the first people to ever have a strike.
- Pergamon was the first city to have a market law.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use medicine with opium, pharmacology and medical pharmacy symbols.
Aerial Photos Of Izmir Turkey
Agora Shopping Center
Historic Izmir Photo Gallery
Izmir Area Photos
Agora of Smyrna Izmir
Meyhane Sisim Izmir
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
Fried Calamari - Seafood Mezes
Leek with Lamb - Red Meat Courses
Saksuka - Fried Aubergine with Yogurt and Tomato Sauce - Vegetable Mezes
Lamb and Okra Stew - Red Meat Courses
Puff Borek with Chicken - Meat Mezes
Quinces in Syrup or Ayva Dessert - Other Desserts