Do you know these about Pergamon Ancient City?
- Pergamon was the first city that used paper (made from leather called parchment).
- Pergamon was home to the first hospital in the world, called Asklepion.
- Pergamon had the first Asian library.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use the psychotherapy treatment.
- Pergamon was the first city that hosted a festival.
- Pergamon was home to one of the first seven Christian churches.
- The first theatre with a wooden stage was built in Pergamon.
- Pergamon had the first excavation museum.
- Pergamon was home to the first altar.
- Pergamon was the first city to use a proper education system, which categorised schools as elementary, secondary and high school.
- Residents of Pergamon (soldiers) were the first people to ever have a strike.
- Pergamon was the first city to have a market law.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use medicine with opium, pharmacology and medical pharmacy symbols.
Forum Bornova Shopping Centre Izmir
Izmir Area Photos
Meyhane Sisim Izmir
Historic Places in Izmir
Kemeralti Historic Bazaar
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
Potato Twister or Rose Borek with Potato - Pastries
Tea Time Pastry
Fried Calamari - Seafood Mezes
Turkish Style Pizza with Minced Beef or Lamb - Red Meat Courses
Lamb Stew with Vegetables - Red Meat Courses
Kidney Beans in Olive Oil - Legume Courses
Walnut Cookies - Cakes & Cookies