Do you know these about Pergamon Ancient City?
- Pergamon was the first city that used paper (made from leather called parchment).
- Pergamon was home to the first hospital in the world, called Asklepion.
- Pergamon had the first Asian library.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use the psychotherapy treatment.
- Pergamon was the first city that hosted a festival.
- Pergamon was home to one of the first seven Christian churches.
- The first theatre with a wooden stage was built in Pergamon.
- Pergamon had the first excavation museum.
- Pergamon was home to the first altar.
- Pergamon was the first city to use a proper education system, which categorised schools as elementary, secondary and high school.
- Residents of Pergamon (soldiers) were the first people to ever have a strike.
- Pergamon was the first city to have a market law.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use medicine with opium, pharmacology and medical pharmacy symbols.
Izmir Area Photos
Historic Places in Izmir
Historic Izmir Photo Gallery
Izmir Night Gallery
Agora Shopping Center
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
Turkish Minced Beef Pide - Red Meat Courses
Courgette Salad with Yogurt - Yogurt Mezes
Dried Figs Stuffed with Walnuts - Other Desserts
Fava Beans in Olive Oil - Legume Courses
Sweet Peas in Olive Oil - Vegetable Courses
Artichokes with Fava Beans in Olive Oil - Legume Courses