Do you know these about Pergamon Ancient City?
- Pergamon was the first city that used paper (made from leather called parchment).
- Pergamon was home to the first hospital in the world, called Asklepion.
- Pergamon had the first Asian library.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use the psychotherapy treatment.
- Pergamon was the first city that hosted a festival.
- Pergamon was home to one of the first seven Christian churches.
- The first theatre with a wooden stage was built in Pergamon.
- Pergamon had the first excavation museum.
- Pergamon was home to the first altar.
- Pergamon was the first city to use a proper education system, which categorised schools as elementary, secondary and high school.
- Residents of Pergamon (soldiers) were the first people to ever have a strike.
- Pergamon was the first city to have a market law.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use medicine with opium, pharmacology and medical pharmacy symbols.
Kemeralti Historic Bazaar
Meyhane Sisim Izmir
Historic Izmir Photo Gallery
Agora Shopping Center
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
Raw Meatballs - Cig Kofte - Other Mezes
Hummus or Humus - Cold Meze
Saksuka - Fried Aubergine with Yogurt and Tomato Sauce - Vegetable Mezes
Fried Aubergine with Yogurt Sauce - Vegetable Mezes
Aubergine or Egg Plant Salad - Salads
Raw Pastry - Pastries