Do you know these about Pergamon Ancient City?
- Pergamon was the first city that used paper (made from leather called parchment).
- Pergamon was home to the first hospital in the world, called Asklepion.
- Pergamon had the first Asian library.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use the psychotherapy treatment.
- Pergamon was the first city that hosted a festival.
- Pergamon was home to one of the first seven Christian churches.
- The first theatre with a wooden stage was built in Pergamon.
- Pergamon had the first excavation museum.
- Pergamon was home to the first altar.
- Pergamon was the first city to use a proper education system, which categorised schools as elementary, secondary and high school.
- Residents of Pergamon (soldiers) were the first people to ever have a strike.
- Pergamon was the first city to have a market law.
- Residents of Pergamon were the first people to use medicine with opium, pharmacology and medical pharmacy symbols.
Historic Places in Izmir
Historic Izmir Photo Gallery
Forum Bornova Shopping Centre Izmir
Agora of Smyrna Izmir
Izmir Area Photos
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
Walnut Cookies - Cakes & Cookies
Tea Time Pastry
Artichokes with Fava Beans in Olive Oil - Legume Courses
Milk Pudding or Muhallebi - Dairy Desserts
Aubergine with Minced Meat - Vegetable Courses
Minced Beef & Bread Kebab - Red Meat Courses
Tomato Soup with Rice - Soup