World Famous Turkish Carpets and Top Tips for Buying One
Top Tips for Buying a Kilim or Carpet- Handwoven rugs will have the same pattern on the reverse side, while machine-made rugs will not.
- Prices vary greatly according to the age, quality and the design of the rug. While small wool rugs start from 100 TL, silk carpets can go up to 1,000,000 TL.
- Natural dyes are only available in earth tones, so if you find a rug with vivid colours, especially orange, then it is a chemical dye.
- To understand whether the rug is pure wool, you can set light to a thin strand; if the remains are crumbly, it is wool, if it is sticky, it is synthetic fibre.
- To understand whether a carpet is silk, you can set light to a thin strand, if it does not flame, and smells organic, it is genuine silk.
- Always haggle before you buy. If you do not like the price, tell the salesman that you think is too high and tell that you will check other stores, as you are leaving it is very probable that he will offer you a better price.
Hotels in Turkey with The World Luxury Hotel Awards
Unesco World Heritage Sites in Turkey
Old Turkish Lira Bank Notes
Top 10 Museums of Turkey
Black Sea Region of Turkey
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
Leeks with Carrots and Olive Oil - Vegetable Courses
Kidney Beans with Olive Oil, Potato and Carrot - Vegetable Courses
Courgette Salad with Yogurt - Yogurt Mezes
Tel Kadayif or Kadayif Threads - Other Desserts
Chicken & Courgette Soup - Soup
Semolina Halva or Irmik Helvasi - Other Desserts