World Famous Turkish Carpets and Top Tips for Buying One
Top Tips for Buying a Kilim or Carpet- Handwoven rugs will have the same pattern on the reverse side, while machine-made rugs will not.
- Prices vary greatly according to the age, quality and the design of the rug. While small wool rugs start from 100 TL, silk carpets can go up to 1,000,000 TL.
- Natural dyes are only available in earth tones, so if you find a rug with vivid colours, especially orange, then it is a chemical dye.
- To understand whether the rug is pure wool, you can set light to a thin strand; if the remains are crumbly, it is wool, if it is sticky, it is synthetic fibre.
- To understand whether a carpet is silk, you can set light to a thin strand, if it does not flame, and smells organic, it is genuine silk.
- Always haggle before you buy. If you do not like the price, tell the salesman that you think is too high and tell that you will check other stores, as you are leaving it is very probable that he will offer you a better price.
Unesco World Heritage Sites in Turkey
Old Turkish Lira Bank Notes
Top 10 Holy Places in Turkey - Faith Tourism
Best Beach Clubs in Turkey
Hotels in Turkey with The World Luxury Hotel Awards
Popular Products of Turkey
Turkey Property For Sale
Turkish Food Recipes
Spinach with Minced Beef - Red Meat Courses
Chicken with Walnuts or Cerkez Chicken - Other Mezes
Water Pastry - Pastries
Tea Time Pastry
Pogaca with Feta Cheese Filling - Pastries
Tea Time Pastry
Beef and Aubergine Moussaka with Cheese - Red Meat Courses
Feta Cheese Pie - Pastries